Job Title: Front-end Software Developer (Contract)
We’re looking for an experienced front-end software developer to join our mission to unleash Kindness enabled by technology to ignite human connection.
You’ll join our strong and diverse global team of engineers, designers, behavioral science experts, and business leaders to develop a cloud-based AI agent that uses behavioral nudges to encourage easy, fun, and small Acts of Kindness. If you enjoy working with a smart and passionate team, if you have experience in web interface design and development,, if you are motivated to unleash Kindness across the world using technology, this role may be for you! Apply to join our team today.
KindWorks.AI is on a mission to unleash Kindness enabled by technology to ignite human connection.
Now more than ever, people are feeling disconnected, stressed, and in search of finding daily purpose in their lives. KindWorks.AI is a technology company that enables employees to bring the best version of themselves every day through consistent practices of Kindness towards others and themselves.
We’ve built a friendly and fun AI product (‘Beni’) that integrates into the messaging channels that people already use (WhatsApp, Slack, MS Teams, etc) and suggests short, easy, fun daily Acts of Kindness. Companies partner with KindWorks.AI to improve employee experience and well-being. Benefits of using Beni include an increased sense of purpose, increased connectivity to colleagues and others, and increased competency, motivation, and performance.
You are a good fit if you:
- Are passionate about spreading Kindness and living Kindness towards yourself and others
- Are motivated by working with a highly agile and engaged team in a fast-paced, global startup
- Have experience in front-end web interface design and development
- Have a strong understanding of modern front-end development practices
- Proactively perform tasks independently
- Collaborate cross functionally
What you will do:
- Design and develop the web interface for Beni by KindWorks.AI
- Ensure user experience determines design choices
- Maintain brand consistency throughout design interface
- Determine the structure and design of front end applications on various devices including mobile
- Work closely with engineering, behavioral researchers, and other cross-functional teams
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in front-end development
- Competence with Node JS
- Understanding of front-end development practices
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Confirmed organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to independently lead multiple tasks in a fast-paced, multifaceted, global environment
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
Bonus Qualifications or Opportunities to learn:
- Masters degree
- Experience designing conversational agents
- Location agnostic. We are a remote work-from-home environment with teams primarily in Oxford, Vancouver, Chicago, and Bogotá.
- Flexible work environment. All team members work remotely and we prioritize delivery against agreed upon milestones and deliverables over hours.
- Every decision we make is rooted in our values and we truly live them on a daily basis.
- Opportunity for additional work or full-time position following project completion