Job Title: UX Designer (Full Time)
We’re looking for a passionate UX professional with experience in conversation design to join our mission to unleash Kindness enabled by technology to ignite human connection.
You’ll join our strong and diverse global team of engineers, designers, behavioral science experts, and business leaders to develop a cloud-based AI agent that uses behavioral nudges to encourage easy, fun, and small Acts of Kindness. If you enjoy bringing a brand personality to life through dialogue, if you have a background in designing conversations for other AI agents, if you enjoy writing natural, conversational, personalized, and fun dialogues, if you are motivated to unleash Kindness across the world using technology, this role may be for you! Apply to join our team today.
KindWorks.AI is on a mission to unleash Kindness enabled by technology to ignite human connection.
Now more than ever, people are feeling disconnected, stressed, and in search of finding daily purpose in their lives. KindWorks.AI is a technology company that enables employees to bring the best version of themselves every day through consistent practices of Kindness towards others and themselves.
We’ve built a friendly and fun AI product (‘Beni’) that integrates into the messaging channels that people already use (WhatsApp, Slack, MS Teams, etc) and suggests short, easy, fun daily Acts of Kindness. Companies partner with KindWorks.AI to improve employee experience and well-being. Benefits of using Beni include an increased sense of purpose, increased connectivity to colleagues and others, and increased competency, motivation, and performance.
You are a good fit if you:
- Are passionate about spreading Kindness and living Kindness towards yourself and others
- Are motivated by working with a highly agile and engaged team in a fast-paced, global startup
- Have a strong grasp of the English language including informal terms and phrases
- Have experience in developing conversations (verbal or written) for other AI agent(s)
- Have experience in user-centered design methods
- Collaborate cross functionally, in particular with designers, researchers, engineers, content strategists, and product managers.
- Have the ownership to drive groundbreaking UX design that will support the KindWorks.AI mission
- Proactively perform tasks independently
- Utilize data and research combined with intuition to propose and implement solutions
What you will do:
- Manage every stage of the conversation design process, from research and design mapping to script writing and QA
- Ideate, draft, and wire frame new user features using user-centered design methods
- Design intuitive and adaptive user journeys with Beni
- Design conversational UX flows for various channels where Beni lives (Slack, WhatsApp, Teams, etc)
- Bring Beni’s personality to life via in-product conversations
- Review and prioritize data and user insights to constantly optimize conversation flows
- Document standards, frameworks, and processes for conversation design
- Balance multiple projects at once, while prioritizing your tasks and meeting tight deadlines
- Work closely with engineering, behavioral researchers, and other cross-functional teams
- Excellent English writing skills (outstanding spelling and grammar) and consistent record of writing in different styles and tones on behalf of a brand
- 2+ years of experience crafting conversational experiences for AI channels
- Portfolio featuring examples of conversational experiences
- Validated experience contributing to design for products in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of how qualitative and quantitative research can improve your designs
- Confirmed organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to independently lead multiple tasks in a fast-paced, multifaceted, global environment
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
Bonus Qualifications or Opportunities to learn:
- Knowledge of and experience with natural language processing
- Degree in Linguistics, English, Journalism, or Screenwriting
- Location agnostic. We are a remote work-from-home environment with teams primarily in Oxford, Vancouver, Chicago, and Bogotá. Preference for North American time zones for this role as UX team resides primarily across North America.
- Flexible work environment. All team members work remotely and we prioritize delivery against agreed upon milestones and deliverables over hours.
- Every decision we make is rooted in our values and we truly live them on a daily basis.
- Ability for high-performing individuals to earn equity.